Life Update: all of July

Oh my goodness- this month has flown. Seriously where did it go?

I didn't even know where to start this update so I went to my camera and my phone... It's the only way I'm able to keep up!

This is how we spent nearly everyday- looking out at rain. It rained literally the whole month.
I think I mentioned this is another post, but Luke took a marker to my sofa. I quietly had a praise the Lord dance that we didn't purchase the baby blue sofa that I so desperately wanted (please note that was BEFORE children- oh my how life changes). Thankfully the microfiber just wiped clean.
Next I left off in Mississippi here- we had visited Josh's dad and we were getting ready to head to Arkansas. Here's Luke and Emberly ready to meet their Nana.
I always know Luke is about to fall asleep when his arms take their position over his head. 
It was pretty cool that as we were crossing the Mississippi River so was a train. It was going pretty fast in the opposite direction and Luke just about flipped out. I almost stroked out with the train, him going nuts, and me trying to remain calm (I HATE bridges). 
Emberly met her Nana-
And we all had a blast swimming. This seemed to be the turning point with Luke- he now LOVES the water- even after falling off his float and his daddy "saving" him. (p.s. we don't believe in arm floaties b/c of the false sense of security). I used arm floaties as a child and didn't know how to swim until I was 10. 

We spent a day shopping- we came across this AMAZING cupcake boutique. It was a chocolate chip cookie dough cupcake. SO good. 
And check out this little sign. It's pretty cool that they give the same respect to pregnant/new moms as they do to the handicapped!
Josh and Luke rode the 4 wheeler. Luke LOVED this thing! 

And the last night we were there G-pa set up the big screen outside and Luke got to watch Jake and the Neverland Pirates fireside (they had a fire pit going) while swimming in the pool! He thought that was the best ever. 
After a week in Arkansas we headed home. We left Sadie at home with a sitter and when we walked in my entire floor was literally BLACK with all her fur! It was funny. So I spent the better part of the evening cleaning. This photo doesn't do it justice. 
We settled back in at home and Josh and Luke took advantage of cooler July temps and camped out one night. 
Emberly still likes sleeping on her boppy (a no-no- I know!). 
She is holding her head up really well and all she ever wants to do is look around so I figured we'd try her in the boppy. We tried Luke around 2 months too. 
We moved alot of things to storage and I mentioned in a HFFF (high five for friday) post that we have decided to rent our home. 
We made sure to get a large unit because most of our furniture will be stored until we find a place to live. It was hot moving everything. 
Sadie thinks it's the dog days of summer too...

In honor of summer I got high lighted... I love my hair light in the summer!
Josh had 2 interviews planned last week, so we packed up and headed to Atlanta. Sadie came with us. We figured that if we end up moving in with my parents, that she'll need to get used to their 2 cats. Funny thing? We used to have a cat- Molly. When Luke was born she became a little too much to handle so we gave her to my parents- so Molly and Sadie had quite the reunion.
While Josh was on an interview on day I packed up the kids and took them to my grandparents' grave. It was one of my 101 goals to do this. I think it's important to start this young. Luke won't understand it now, but he'll remember the day that we watched the ducks and cleaned away the spiderwebs.

You can bet we hit up the local playground and apartment hunted in our spare time.

Other than those updates we are planning a moving sale, writing up a lease, and praying for guidance! We have decided to rent an apartment for the time being... maybe for 2 years? But we won't move in until we have the guarantee of a job- so until then we'll live with my parents assuming our tenants sign the lease. Ahhh so excited to see the light at the end of the "we're finally leaving Toccoa" tunnel!!

Like I mentioned in a previous post- the whole blogging thing just isn't happening right now. We are so busy tying up loose ends here that I can't possibly be doing projects at the pace I was able to earlier this year. I miss it like crazy so I will be back- and it'll be fun to do projects for an apartment!! I have done some things around here that I will get around to blogging about later. Also Princess is finally sleeping through the night so as soon as I make up the past 2 months (actually like 5 months) of sleep I'll be a little more motivated. I put little man to bed at 8:30, princess to bed at 9-9:30 and I crash. Normally that was my project time... also, she doesn't sleep more than 30 minutes for naps so I'm lucky if I'm able to take a shower by dinner time.

I can't believe it's almost August!

No comments :

Post a Comment