So I am actually excited to set some goals for this year! Here goes:
1. Rework our budget. While we have had a budget since before we were married, we need to rework some areas of it. We are setting some financial goals for ourselves and are hoping to improve some areas that need to be tweaked. I'm also reading Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover. We did a financial class a few years ago, but I'm excited for a refresher. I also purchased the new "Living Well, Spending Less" book*. Excited to learn some new truths.
2. Meal plan. This goes right with budgeting. I spend less when I plan. So plan it is. I actually do this fairly well, but I fell off the wagon in December. Ready to be back at it!
3. Sell stuff. If we don't need it, we're selling it. I have a mason jar with goals for each month listed. There are a few ways you can do this:
We are opting to do the monthly challenge. In the end we'll have right at $1,000. Also I'm not going to limit myself to what's in that month. It's simply a goal. Since moving we have to change our selling strategy. Yard Sales aren't really a thing here (not ones that make $200 in 4 hours), so I am turning more to eBay, craigslist and Facebook yard sale sites. We've been doing this pretty regularly but we have never saved or kept track of how much we sold. Looking forward to this!
4. Blog more! Hello 4 week radio silence. Sorry about that! December always kicks my booty. My goal is 3 posts a week mixed with house stuff, business stuff, and personal. 3 posts seem to be my happy place.
5. I have signed up/ printed out the 52/weeks to an organized home and decluttering in 15 minutes a day. This goal should be fun and allow me to part with things we simply don't need. I like that it covers areas of our home that I don't think about often. Check it out here.
So hooray for resolutions! And a fresh start!
**Contain affiliate links. See my disclosures here.