Adjustable Apron

I had an order to do personalized team aprons for “a house divided” newlyweds! Here they are… I really think they turned out GREAT! I was really worried about doing these for some reason. I always get panic-ky before I do a project- it’s just my nature.  It is all embroidery which I hardly ever do (there is no fabric applique in these- just embroidery). Also I had never done the Auburn applique. I had done the GA one on a diaper cover but it turned out crooked… so I was working with 1 applique I had never done, and another that I had messed up…

Well as I was working on these (and the all embroidery really take forever…) I noticed how how the neck band can adjust… for YEARS I have been fighting with my apron to make the neck smaller. I pretty much ghetto-fied it with a rubberband, but I had to take it off to wash the apron and that just got annoying. Recently I’ve just not worn an apron, and I’ve ruined countless shirts with grease splatters, etc… I decided it really couldn’t be THAT hard to add a D-ring… so as the apron project was stitching this is what I did…
oops… I just noticed I got my toe in there… at least it was pretty and pedicured…

1 cut later, and I guided the rings in…
Literally a couple stitches later… voila! An adjustable apron! I was thrilled.

Amazon